My Blogging Experience

Blogging has changed the world of mass communication in many different ways.
Personal blogging (or personal homepages) started back in 1994 with the first blog being written by a college student. Soon after in 1998 the first news blog post was written on “Hurricane Bonnie” and the damage it caused on both North and South Carolina.

Around this time in 1994-1999 there were only 23 blog pages in total on the internet and when we think about how many there are today, there are probably thousands maybe even millions out there. Nowadays people blog about anything they feel like including topics like fashion, news, haircare, sports, travel, lifestyle and so much more.
Because of the easy access we have to websites like Blogger, Wix and Wordpress, they make it simple to create your own blog and write whatever you want on it. Blogs are very popular these days because of the wide range of people who blog on a daily basis.

This is one reason why blogging has changed communications because of the idea that anyone can do it if they have a passion for it. Once you have a couple blog posts up, you have essentially created your own website which can then turn into your own personal business.
I urge everyone to at least try blogging at some point in their life. I have grown up watching YouTube and reading some of the blogs that my favorite YouTube influencers have written and I remember thinking that one day I want to write a blog on my travels or my everyday life because I thought it would be fun and interesting.

After taking this class I realized that I actually like blogging a lot especially about things that are happening in the news because it keeps me up to date while also sharing my opinions with everyone. Because I consider myself to be a fairly shy person, I wish I would have started blogging earlier in life because throughout this semester I have found myself being a more opinionated and informed student which has helped me in all of my classes.
I cannot wait to continue blogging and expressing my thoughts and opinions on here so I
hope you stick around!

No comments:

Post a Comment